Documentation

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Any news on when we can expect some install and usage documentation? I'm struggling to get Site Definitions to work and I saw this project as an opportunity to try an alternative solution but I'm finding it difficult to understand what it can/cannot do.
Mar 5, 2009 at 12:01 PM
I wonder how to configure TextWriterTraceListener  in web.config ...

Do you anybody know why this doesn't work, please. What else should be setup to enable tracing?

<system.diagnostics>
    <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
      <listeners>
        <add name="SiteConfigurator_Trace_Log"
          type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener,System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, initializeData=c:\Trace\test.log"/>
      </listeners>
    </trace>
  </system.diagnostics>

Thanks.
Mar 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM
I suggest you try using the TraceLogger, which already is implemented instead. :)
Mar 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Mparter:

We are not updating any documentation at the moment and what we have is released to the web. Are there any aspects you would like med to elaborate on?

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Where is it logging then? Could you give me a hint, please.

I have checked EventLogs and Sharepoint Logs as well, but nothing new is anywhere after I deploy siteconfigurationdemo and create new site.
That is why I thought that something must be add to Web.config.

I left this in feature of course:
<Property Key="TraceLevel" Value="Verbose"/> </Properties>

Or isn't it enough? Thank you.

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:22 PM
The code is in: http://spsiteconfigurator.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/24598#421221
(Diagnostics\TraceLogger.cs
It creates a file below the 12\Logs with the filename specified in the code. It should not be necessary with any web.config changes.